Thursday, April 26, 2007

The 2nd Coming of RT

Second day at RT went well. The workshops don't really kick off until today, so I haven't attended anything yet - well, except that whole bar thing that was mentioned before. So I got up early and had breakfast, registered for the conference and went about getting my promotional items arranged on promotion lane. I have some booklets, signed cover flats and bookmarks in a pretty turquoise box (everything had to be in a container), and it seems like things are moving well.

Met some more people (some nice, some scary) and went to dinner with other author friends. After that I headed down to the Ellora's Cave party. For those of you who don't know what Ellora's Cave is - they are the publisher that pretty much pioneered the erotica genre. The party theme was Moulin Rouge, so the costumes were something else. Sorry, I took pictures but didn't bring my cable thingie (technial term) with me so you'll have to wait until next week.

The EC girls also brought all their male cover models with them and they put on a show. There's just something about a bunch of ripped men dressed western style and dancing to Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy that kicks the night off. Then the men finished their show, the DJ fired up great tunes and everyone danced. My friend, Jo Carlisle, wanted to dance so we joined a bunch of other women on the floor and did the white-woman shuffle (in general, we have NO rythm). The EC guys joined the dancing and threaded through the group of women dancing and posing for pictures. Yes, I have pictures of hot guys, but you have to wait until next week to see them.

After about an hour of dancing, I was hot and ready to hit the shower, so I headed upstairs and got ready for bed.

Thus ends day day of the RT Convention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pictures! :)

Wendy Roberts said...

whaaaaa, I wanna be with hot guys at RT! I wanna do the white-woman shuffle with Jana too! Sigh.

Jana, sure I can't convince you to come to Thrillerfest in NYC this July?

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Jana, sounds like a blast! I want to go one year! :) :)

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi tori - You're going to love the pics. :)

Wendy - I wish I could but I am out of money and vacation the way things are now. :( We'll have to white-woman shuffle at RWA next year, maybe???????

Kelly - next year is Pittsburgh...not exactly your neck of the woods either. (sigh) But maybe you can swing it with RWA being so close to you in 2008????

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production