Thursday, September 13, 2007

Please Send Me to Friday

This has been a very long week. Of course, it hasn't helped that I'm doing a two-fer this week. First a training in San Diego and now training in Denver. I feel like I've been shuffling through airports for a year. And we're not even going to talk about the changes in weather. Yesterday, it was actually warmer in Denver than in San Diego. And of all places, I believe my hometown of Dallas was cooling than them both on Monday.

I know my blog readers are from all over. Has your weather been strange this year? In Dallas we went from 3 years of drought to so much rain people were flooded out and some dying. And last winter we had snow - several tines. Not huge accumulation, but you've got to realize that snow is definitely not a common thing in Dallas.

The weird summer makes me wonder what's in store for us for winter.

5 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

The only thing I know is the cold front caused my allergies to go berserk.

Jana DeLeon said...

jaye - I get the same problem. Big changes in weather do something to pollen, mold - heck I don't even know what, but it gets me every time.

Anonymous said...

In the southeast we've had severe drought all summer. Virtually all of August was spent with temps over 100 every day with incredible humidity. It was like trying to negotiate a big damp oven everyday. I have cut my grass exactly 1 and 1/2 times this summer: the front & back in late May, and then the back in mid-August. We broke records left and right this summer for heat & drought. It's been just ugly.

We are finally having a break in the heat and we've finally had some rain. I wish we'd gotten some of your rain over the summer ... reduce some of your flooding and alleviate some of our drought!

I am desperately hoping for a really hard cold winter myself. We are having a terrible time with fleas and we need a good hard killing cold. Plus I hate the heat and am ready to wrap up in sweaters and comforters. ;=)

Pink Pelican

Anonymous said...

Last winter was colder for longer than usual. Then this summer was hotter for longer than usual. Crazy weather.

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Pink - I wish you would have gotten some of our rain too. Hopefully, you'll get some this winter to make up for the summer!

tori - last summer it was horribly hot in Dallas. This year was so much milder. You're right - crazy weather!

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production