Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Movie Review

Today's my official posting day at Killer Fiction, so don't forget to read me there too!

The movie is Halloween, a Rob Zombie remake of the old classic.



Saw this one last weekend, actually, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it. In fact, I saw two movies, but I'm going to blog my standard fare - the horror movie.


I have to say that I kinda like this and I don't usually like remakes. Zombie took some liberties with the original script that I think worked. He built in some backstory, showing us exactly what "set off" Michael Myers as a crazy person, and had a decent plot for why he came back to his hometown.

Of course, there was a couple of stupid woman (or technically, girl) scenes. I simply don't understand when the killer is on your front porch and strangling someone, why you run back into the house instead of ducking underneath him and running down the street toward the police and fire trucks at the end of the block - but hey, I guess it all makes for good terror.


My final rating: Definitely worth a view if you're a horror fan and liked the original.

2 comments:

Wendy Roberts said...

I don't know if I could see the movie considering the picture you posted already scared the crap out of me LOL!

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Wendy - the mask is definitely creepy and VERY effective!

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production