Thursday, September 20, 2007

Friday About 30 Minutes Early

So it's not quite Friday yet, but I'm getting my post in now because tomorrow I'll be at the airport bright and early. No, I'm not doing a training - I'm actually taking a vacation. Okay, a mini-vacation since we'll be back Monday.

My husband and are are traveling to Mechanicsville, MD to the home of world famous motocross track, Budds Creek. Those of you who've known me for a while know that I met my husband Rene because he sold me my motocross gear. Motocross was where we spent all of our free time back in our younger, thinner, more free-time having days.

This year, Budds Creek is hosting the Motocross des Nations. That's essentially the Olympics of motocross. The top three riders from all countries compete in one giant race for international placement. It's been almost 30 years since the des Nations has been held in the US.

Finally, something good has come of all my travel - I traded in airline miles, hotel miles and rental car miles, so this trip (travel wise anyway), cost a whole $10. There's still food and tickets to the event, etc., but still $10!!!! How cool is that?

So I'm posting early because I'm still awake because I had to work late to wrap things up, pick up dry cleaning, polish off my proposal (again) and send it back to my agent, print out driving instructions and do laundry so that I could pack a bag. So it's way past my bedtime, but I had a lot to do. I'll sleep tomorrow on the plane.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You can't beat that with a stick. *g* Have a great time!!!

Wendy Roberts said...

Enjoy your mini-vacation. Definitely well deserved! Oh and I remember your motocross days. do you still have the scars? *ouch*

Anonymous said...

I hope that you all have a great time. You both needed a break from work. Mom

Jaye Wells said...

Enjoy! You deserve a vacation.

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, guys! We have arrived in Virginia and are ready to trek into Maryland first thing tomorrow morning. We have American flag Coleman lawn chairs and boat horns. Life is good.

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production