Thursday, June 28, 2007

Quickie Update

Today's just a quickie update because I'm behind, behind, behind. I'm still sleeping propped up, so tired is my middle name and I've only got 5 billion things to do. Am working on tweaking my latest proposal, so hopefully that will go out soon and amaze my editor. :)

National is in a couple of weeks, so I need to prepare for that - ie, clean underwear.

I actually have a training Mon/Tues of next week????? Huh, did no one notice the 4th on Wednesday? Oh well, more mileage - right?

Went to the doc on Monday and he says I might have some asthma but he also thinks I have sleep apnea. Which is an interesting thought considering I can't breathe well while I'm awake either - buy hey, I'm not a doctor so what do I know. I got a cortisone shot (ouch) and an inhaler and quite frankly, haven't noticed a difference yet. I seriously think I'm coming down to my last option in dealing with my allergies and that's to move away from Dallas, which just happens to be the second worst city in the world for spring allergies. Figures.

On a side note - Hello, God, we are all caught up on rain here in Texas. It would be perfectly okay to spread some of it around and actually allow me to have a flight that is on time. Just a suggestion.

Talk to yall tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on the allergies. And, personally, I don't think all doctors know what they're talking about. Any way you could get a second opinion?

All that rain you guys have gotten in Texas is insane! I've heard they've even been evacuating people in Round Rock and Pflugerville which is where I used to live. =:0

Jana DeLeon said...

tori - yes, the rain has been pretty steady, which is really weird for this time of year. As for the second opinion - I'm going to give the drugs a week to work then get one if things don't improve. Thanks!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Jana, I have bad allergies too. My mother has asthma, and I'm hoping I don't develop it in my late thirties like she did. Take care of yourself!

Wendy Roberts said...

Don't send any of that rain up to Vancouver, please. We've had our share :/

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production