Thursday, June 14, 2007

Last Day in Kalamazoo

Well, today's my last day in Kalamazoo, and it couldn't have come a moment too soon - well, technically yesterday would have been better. You see, I have a cold. My throat hurt when I left class yesterday, but it wasn't too bad so I thought it was allergies. I'd been back at the hotel working for a couple of hours when it started to burn and I got really, really tired. Lay down at 6:00, woke up at 9:00 - sniffling, sneezing, running a fever and generally feeling like crap. So I made a trip to the local Walmart for cold medicine. Can't wait to fly tonight. Not.

So I'm feeling lazy and yucky today - and still have a class to teach - so I thought I'd leave you with this story from Louisiana that I find entertaining. Hey, it IS Louisiana.

Here's the link. Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Louisiana story was on Fox News Channel this morning:) M

Anonymous said...

I think wearing droopy pants makes you look stupid. Everytime I see somebody wearing that style I start to channel my grandmother and have to resist the urge to stalk over and give the kid a wedgie.

That being said, bad taste should not be legislated. So long as the relevant body parts are not hanging in the breeze for all to see, there's nothing obscene there. Stupid-looking does not equal obscene.

S.R.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* on feeling so crappy. Hope you feel better soon.

And I think the droopy pants look stupid, too. *g*

Wendy Roberts said...

Whenever I see a guy with droopy pants it reminds me of when my babies had really full diapers ;-) But, yeah, stupid is not obscene.

Now, Jana, take some extra vitamin c and go to bed like a good lil writer!

Anonymous said...

I am concerned about you because you seem to get sick a lot. Do you think it is the climate changes due to your travels, or the recycled air on the airplanes? What can be done about it? Is there a mask you can wear on the plane? Can you use the oxygen container above the seats? Can you travel on corporate jets so there would be fewer people on board? I read something about seats being available on corporate jets for people with special needs. You should qualify with asthma, much less the frequent URI's. Let us brainstorm and come up with a solution. It must be horrible to have to stand up and teach a class when you don't feel good. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I wonder if bra straps are next? Probably not, with the preponderance of male legislators.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Jana. Have a lazy weekend and take care of yourself!

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production