Monday, July 31, 2006

Draggin' in Dallas

Got back from Atlanta yesterday about 3:30 - ate and went promptly to sleep. You have to understand, I am one of those asleep by 10:00pm, extraordinarily boring people who don't party and I just spent a solid week - seven full nights - where I didn't even see a bed until 1:00am or worse. Then it was back up at 6:00am every morning for a new round of excitement.

This was by far my best conference yet. Of course, I've sold a book so that makes it different, but this time I also met the most fun people in the world and have a new set of fabulous friends. I met my editor, who is soooooo nice and smart and sweet, and I am ridiculously happy to be working with her. I met with my agent several times and we plotted and planned career opportunities and ideas.

And all of this was usually done over drinks. I am fairly sure the Coors Light warehouse has experienced a drop in inventory since I showed up in Atlanta.

So now I'm back home, back in the office and trying desperately to remember the laundry list of things I have to do - not to mention the actual laundry I have to do. I'm sure I'll think of it all as I go along.

More tomorrow when I've gotten more sleep and can think in compound sentences.

No comments:

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production