Monday, January 09, 2006

Give Me a Forty-Hour Day!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted. The pinched nerve in my neck has reduced typing to an all-time low as that's the position that hurts the most. I have made improvement however, and actually slept in a real bed this weekend instead of my recliner. In the meantime, this is the busiest time of year for the day-job and it's pretty darn busy on the writing front too. Add to that some personal stuff and I need a forty-hour day - a full month of them. Here's just a few of the things I have to take care of in the month of January:

1. Get cover ideas to editor/art department (they are starting work now)
2. Get marketing plan to editor within next ten days
3. Figure out how to write marketing plan
4. Niece's one year birthday is this Sunday - buy gift - wrap gift
5. Am giving workshop on taxes at RWA meeting in Tyler on the 21st. Haven't written the workshop yet.
6. DARA meeting (Yeah!)
7. Check out construction on new house once a week and take pictures - report any problems with construction to builder.
8. Get hair done this Saturday.
9. Schedule appointment with photographer for author shot (yuck)
10. FINISH PROPOSAL!!!!

then there's the day job:

1. Close 15 set of books
2. Send books to tax accountants
3. W-2's
4. 1099's
5. Quarterly taxes
6. Upload 2006 budgets
7. Create all new 2006 spreadsheets
8. Send year-end reports to banks and owners

and finally, on the last day of January:

1. Collapse

3 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Whoa, Jana, you are busy!

Hey, I'm with you on finding out how to write a marketing plan, and man, I need your taxes workshop!!

Hope the neck is better soon. =D

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Kelly! As soon as I know how to write a plan, I'll let you have a copy. And taxes - ugh! A necessary evil.

Thanks for the neck wishes - I hope it hears you!

Colleen Gleason said...

Marketing plan? You have to write a marketing plan? Do I? *looking around* No one ever said anything about writing a marketing plan!

I can write one...you want help? Email me.

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production