Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Unlucky Part 2

Okay, so now even I'm buying it - I'm definitely unlucky. Not sure if it's a paranormal connection with my current heroine or not but for whatever reason weird things are happening to me.

My current horror - where to eat breakfast.

For ten years (five to seven days a week) I have eaten breakfast at the same restuarant. I have friends there in the staff as well as the customers. I speak with the same people on a daily basis and we solve the world's problems. It's also where I write my books. Three and a half years I've sat at the counter, drinking coffee and telling stories.

I have a proposal I want to get out by next week, so I headed out early to my breakfast spot only to see a big "CLOSED" sign on the front door. The owner of the chain closed every location in Texas. No warning to guests OR employees.

I feel like a homeless person. Now, realize, that my house is torn up and junked up from us preparing to move in February. You couldn't have a creative thought in that mess if your life depended on it. And now my working place is gone. Before next week I have to find a new working place and force myself to think I'm in the habit of working there or I'll never finish this proposal.

Good grief. When I move, I'm going to do most of my writing at home so this dependency doesn't happen again.

I'm appalled. I'm disgusted.

I'm apparently unlucky.

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

For ten years? Wow, Jana, you are a writer of habit. So sorry it closed like that without any warning. I hope you find a back-up soon!

Jana DeLeon said...

I'm looking - have tested two places so far, but neither have made my chi happy. (sigh) I'll keep looking.

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production