Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Bringer of Cold

I'm on the road again today, so you know what that means - I'm blogging from the airport. This time it's Little Rock, Arkansas, so it's a really short hop. Of course, I've still managed to bring the cold.

For those of you who follow this blog regularly, you know this all started in Denver. I was training in Denver the week before Christmas and got to stay a couple of extra days due to the blizzard. When I arrived home, it started to ice and snow in Dallas (not exactly a normal thing - especially in the last several years). Then after the holidays it was off to Charlotte, NC - where apparently 2 foot of snow fell only an hour from where I was staying. I just got an icy car window to clean off and some rain. But then when I got back to Dallas, it started to ice and snow again and I started to wonder - maybe it was me. Maybe my traveling was causing all this coldness.

So I told my friends "I'm going to Tampa next week and if it snows in Tampa, I will know for sure it is me."

I'm in the airport on Sunday waiting for my flight and a friend calls and says "you know it snowed in Malibu." HUH? So I went off to Tampa and hoped for the best. I must say it did not snow while I was there, but I did bring a cold front with me and was most amused at the results. You see, when I arrived in Tampa it was almost 80 degrees. The cold front came in a couple of nights later and brought that temperature down to a freezing cold 61. :)

Now when I say that - I'm not joking when it came to the locals. I headed out for dinner one night in the 61 degrees, wearing capris a t-shirt and sandals. People were wearing coats! And gloves! And scarves! And they're staring at me like I'm crazy and I'm thinking - damn 61 degrees is perfect.

So it's all relative. Today on the way to the airport it started sleeting and snowing. I hear it's doing better than that in Little Rock, but I guess I'll just have to see when I get there.

Is anyone interested in a white Valentine's Day? I could probably arrange to visit your town for a nominal fee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! So it's your fault we're getting freezing cold and snow predictions. *g*

Jana DeLeon said...

Yes, tori, I'm afraid so. :)

Kimber Li said...

Hey, you'd do fine in Alaska. The 60's are hot to me. 75 is as hot as i can take it. Sometimes it even gets up to 80 here and I think I'm dying.

Anonymous said...

Well, we got about two inches of snow, Jana. Thanks. *g*

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production