Friday, January 19, 2007

Always Busy

It seems that lately I'm always to busy to get things done. It's Friday (yea), but I'm training a class today, giving a workshop tomorrow (2 hour drive - in the rain according to the latest forecast), and I fly out on Sunday to my next training in Tampa. Sometime in between there, I have to do that whole clean underwear and socks thing that seems to go by the wayside.

So, today will be quickie movie review.

The movie: AlphaDog


Let me just start by saying that for me, this movie sucked. Maybe some of you will like it but I can't stand stupid people doing stupid things and the entire thing ending miserably. Why in the world does anyone consider that entertainment? If you like your movies to resemble the evening news, then hurry out and see this immediately - it's just as depressing. Even worse, this is a true story - these stupid people are REAL!

Was the acting good - heck, I don't know. I was too busy being pissed off at the stupidity to notice. Maybe if you're feeling really down on yourself at the moment, this movie would make you feel better - after all, you're not one of those idiots. Other than that, it's so totally not a movie for people like me.

My final thoughts: Please give me back those two hours of my life - even the popcorn wasn't worth the torture.

PS - For Justin Timberlake (who made his acting debut here) read the script first next time you pick a role.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a movie I've had NO desire to see. Like you said, the news is depressing enough, why would I want to torture myself by seing a depressing movie? Thanks, but no thanks! Give me light and fluffy, please. :)

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production