Saturday, April 29, 2006

Love You/Kill You (Redux)


So I picked up Ally Carter's new book, I'd Tell You I Love You but then I'd Have to Kill You, and I have to admit, I read it yesterday in one sitting. First time I've done that in forever.

This book is fantastic. Ally's style, voice and characterization make her an absolute joy to read. She is funny, interesting and so very hip with the way she writes. If any of you are considering a foray into the world of YA, I couldn't recommend a better book to see what's out there and what is selling hot. Not only did Hyperion use her book to launch a line, but Hollywood came calling also and she just learned this week that the screenwriters have been hired.

Check out her blog for information on the movie as it unfolds. It's a great chance for writers to get an inside peek at what exactly happens from book to screen.

5 comments:

Ally Carter said...

I"M BLUSHING!!!!


So glad you liked it, Jana. I can't wait to get my hands on Rumble, just so you know!

Now...back to work on the sequel!

-Ally

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Ally! You deserve every bit of the praise. It is a fabulous book and it's going to make such a great movie.

And definitely get back to work. I'm ready for the follow-up.

All those questions left hanging.......(sigh)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I stumble in here from Lady M's and now I'm glad I did. More reading. As if I had time too.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

As you know, I've been busy. lol! I need to make a trip to Borders. I can't wait to read this. =D

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Alexandra and welcome. So sorry to add to your reading list - I know how they grow. But the book is so fabulous I couldn't help myself.

Stay tuned for another recommendation probably next week.

Hi Kelly - Moving is horrid. Squeeze in a hot bath and a chapter or two whenever you get a chance! Good luck with the unpacking.

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production