Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Everything Update

Sorry, I've not been regular this week. Hmmmmm, that statement sounds like something coffee could cure. I mean not regular blogging. Something the whole traveling thing throws me off schedule. I'm feeling lazy today and not all that clever, so I'm going to use this blog to catch up on news.

First of all - the proposal is out to my editor. YEA! Now everyone cross their fingers and hold their breath until she responds with a million dollar offer (see previous blog on the realities of writing). I've got to get that Paul Walker cabana boy before someone else snatches him.

Second - I got my grand prize in for the super contest I'm going to run when Rumble releases. It's a fabulous Dooney & Bourke Bayou Collection Alligator Bag! Does that get your blood running on a Thursday morning? I'll post a picture on my website and my blog as soon as I have time to make it reasonable size and get some info for how to win. I'll also be running contests for other prizes - good but not that good.

Three - The Bombshell line is closing up shop and it's leaving a friend of mine out in the cold. Kelly Parra has been through heck and beyond with her book and it finally sold to Bombshell. This is her debut novel and now it's been shelved again. I don't even have the words to express how sorry I am for her and all the other Bombshell authors. Which leads me to update number three. Kelly was smart enough to branch out and has a second sale with a YA novel, so all her eggs were not in one basket. I'm sure she's devastated by the Bombshell situation, but think how much worse it would be for her if she hadn't branched out and established herself in another genre. Sooooooo, it's time to fish or cut bait and I've decided to fish. Look out CP's. As soon as I can muster it up, you're going to receive what I think is going to be my second genre - and it's going to be nothing like what I write now.

Not that I'm teasing the rest of you or anything. I promise to update you more on my new selection when I've pinned it down and think it can work. It has to go through fire and flame first with the CP's.

Four - I recently read a good friend's book that will debut in January and it was beyond words fabulous! I was going to talk about it here, but have decided it deserves its own blog, so maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about the best book I've read in years.

Well, breakfast is here and I've got a class to train. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The demise of Bombshell thoroughly sucks swamp water. I'm acquainted with several people who wrote for them, so I feel bad for all of them. And Kelly, too.

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Tori - the Bombshell demise is one of the real downers of this profession. And I'm figuring it's not going to be the last time we hear something like it, or even worse, experience it ourselves. (sigh)

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production