Thursday, June 01, 2006

Too Hot to Read

So the AC is still not fixed (grrr), and repairguy is saying tomorrow. I might just move out into the swimming pool as it is the only cool place on the property.

So since I'm still hot, I didn't pull a library book. I realize I'm falling down on my duty so today, I'll recommend a good reading book as I don't have a technique one handy.

Today's recommendation - Charmed & Dangerous by Candace Havens

This woman is funny - biting, sarcastic, direct FUNNY! This is a chick lit book where the heroine is a witch protecting a diplomat. In Candace's world, witches are fairly common and a recognized part of society. Her heroine, however, is a "high witch" so that makes her special.

I offer you a challenge - pick up the book in the bookstore, read the first section (I think it's a prologue). If you can put the book down without buying it after reading the last sentence of that first section, you're a stronger woman than I (and have no sense of humor or personality to speak of but that's a whole other story).

If anyone takes the challenge, let me know how it turns out.

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Sorry about the AC, Jana! Yikes, it has to be boiling!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check her out when I'm at the bookstore. =D

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Kelly - yes, I probably should have lost some water weight, but I keep eating out where it's cool. :)

Let me know if you take the challenge!

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production