Friday, April 18, 2008

Milestones

Life is full of milestones, some good some bad, but all of them signify progress in a journey. Well, I have reached a mini-milestone in one of my journeys and am thrilled to announce that as of today

I have lost 50 pounds!!!!!!!

I'm still not ready for a bikini, but hell, how many people really are? But I'm feeling soooooooo much better and for the first time in years, I don't mind having to shop for clothes. Of course, I'm trying to buy the bare minimum to cover me until the next size down as I have no intention of stopping at 50 pounds, but hey - at least I don't cringe walking into a clothes store any more.

So it's a great day and I'm positive it will be a great weekend!

Hope you all have a great weekend too!

8 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

congrats, Jana!! I'm looking forward to catching up with you again in SF!!

Jana DeLeon said...

Thanks, Kelly! But unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make SF. (sigh) And I was really looking forward to it. But no way with my life changes this year.

Dru said...

Congratulations Jana! I'm on the losing side as well, but have hit a plateau.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Jana!!! Congrats!!!

I was watching something the other day and they were talking about Heather Locklear wearing a bikini and kept sounding horrified that she'd wear one at age 46 (they kept mentioning her age). And I'm like, "Why the hell shouldn't she if she's got the figure for it?" Which she does! Idiots.

Wendy Roberts said...

OMG that's FABULOUS!! I'm so proud of you!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Jana DeLeon said...

Ugh dru - don't you HATE the plateaus????

Tori - I agree. If I looked like Heather Locklear, I'd wear a bikini everywhere - maybe even to church. :)

Thanks, Wendy!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BIG 50. (that's weight) lol Guess I better get into that box of clothes and get them ready. M

Jana DeLeon said...

LOL Mom - probably so - I think I fit or am about to fit in two other storage containers of clothes. And at the rate I'm going, I better wear them fast before they're too big. :)

God, I love saying that!

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production