Sunday, November 04, 2007

New Job - New Armpit

Today's my official post over at Killer Fiction, so check it out.

Two things in my personal news today that I'd like to cheer about:

1. I officially start my new job as a technical writer. So now I'm a writer at both of my jobs. And neither require me to board an airplane on even a semi-regular basis.

2. I had armpit surgery on Friday (if you don't know where I'm going with this one - believe me, you don't want to). So now I have a 1.5 inch incision that I can't get wet until the stitches are removed. I'm not even going to launch into what I think about an armpit that can't be bathed properly and can't have deodarant, but I guess I'll survive.

Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

Michele L. said...

Congratulations Jana! I am so happy for you!

Oh gosh, I sure hope you are feeling better now. No surgery is fun. I have had gosh, upwards of 5 or 6 different kinds of surgeries and I don't want to have any more for a long time! Fibroid tumors taken out, pscoliosis back surgery when I was 15, lump removed from my breast, 4 molars all removed at same time, etc. etc. I have had to many! So, I am sending you many speedy recovery wishes your way!

Also, I want to compliment you on your book, Rumble on the Bayou. I absolutely loved it! The story moved along at a nice brisk pace with a lot of ripe romance and suspense mixed in. A great combination!

You take care Jana and have a great week!
Hugs and #1 fan,
Michele L.

Jaye Wells said...

Yay on the job and the armpit! As for the non-deodorant and bathing issue--good thing this happened in November and not August.

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Michele and thanks so much for the kind words on RUMBLE! I hope you enjoy UNLUCKY as well. Please visit again!

Hi Jaye - yeah, my boss said the same thing. Technically, I've had this problem for months but I guess it was a good thing I didn't have time to take care of it until now - for everyone's sake. :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the new job!!!

Hugs on the surgery!!! Is there anyway you can wash around the incision?

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi tori - I wash around and I'm doing that whole damp washrag thing just around the edges of the incision. Of course, I'm washing my hair in the kitchen sink (sigh). Who would have thought such a small thing could be such a huge pain in the butt?

Wendy Roberts said...

Yay for the new job and the successful pit surgery. The washing up part sucks. How long before the stitches are removed?

Jana DeLeon said...

Hi Wendy - the stitches come out next Monday - thank goodness! The stitches aren't bothering me at all but the bandaids are killing my skin!

 
An Austin DesignWorks Production